The first what I like about... is in honor of my sister, Laura, who is celebrating her birthday today! Happy Birthday Lo!
I'm pretty sure birthdays are an excuse to share old pictures. Here we have: older brother Kyle in the red, me in the white sweatshirt, and the girl in the pink is Laura!
what I like about... // my older sister
01. She's already done everything that I plan on doing. And has done it well. Married for (almost) four years. Been pregnant. Two kids. Maintains a house. Driving manual. Proper application of liquid eyeliner. Changing a diaper in 23 seconds flat... you get the idea. So whenever I have a question with the aforementioned topics, I know she's my girl.
02. Inside jokes were invented by and for sisters. A few of ours are "Howard...Censored!" and "Don't estomp your last season Prada shoes at me honey."
03. She taught me valuable things in life. I owe her for my knowledge of how important it is to keep a to-do list, how vital the role of a wife and mother is to a person, how to properly pluck my eyebrows, how to balance on the middle part of our old swingset, what Walgreens register rewards are, how wonderful Amelié is, how to make tissue pom-poms, and basically how to care for other humans every day.
04. She's a bookworm. It seems that every book I like she's told me about.
05.We share a common love for peanut butter on graham crackers, diet soda, wavy Lay's potato chips, and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
06. She's the only one in my family that will eat the dark meat of chicken or turkey.
07. We think the same when taking pictures. If we are shooting the same subject, we'll be standing or squatting right next to each other.
08. She created the two most beautiful children on the planet.
09. People say we look the same when we smile.10. Every single girl should have an older sister. This I know for sure. I'm sorry for those that don't. Truly. I look up to mine so so much.