7.24.2011

a traveler's love letter... // sam from young people in love



While Chad and I are away wandering the streets of Brussels, London, Paris and beyond, I gathered some of my favorite bloggers and asked them to write a guest post/love letter to their favorite place on earth. These ladies are graciously babysitting my blog while I'm eating macaroons and taking postcard-worthy pictures of the Eiffel Tower + Big Ben. Thank you for reading and I'll see you when we get back! 

xo -- Amanda




Hello! My name is Sam and I have a little bloggy called Young People in Love. I'm happy to be guest posting for Amanda because I get to share with you all the magical land of Oregon. My husband, Chas, and I recently went on a glorious Oregon adventure and had a wonderful time!

See for yourself:


I used to live in Oregon.

I got divorced in Oregon. I got my Master's degree in Oregon. I found myself in Oregon.

I think when you live through something that is so different, unexpected, and emotionally evocative, you feel an indescribable and inexplicable sense of love and connectedness for the setting in which it all transpired. That's what Oregon is for me. No matter where I go, I doubt any other place will come close to the special, personal feelings I associate with those expansive green fields, mossy trees, and cloud-filled skies. The sunbreaks were my favorite.

2 comments:

JSchaller said...

Love your video. Great idea! It really makes me want to make videos of my family for some special memories.

Jamie said...

What an awesome video!

I spent my 30th birthday on Canon Beach on OR - what I thought would be a hard bday, was instead glorious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails