7.25.2011

a traveler's love letter... // micaela from dolce vita



While Chad and I are away wandering the streets of Brussels, London, Paris and beyond, I gathered some of my favorite bloggers and asked them to write a guest post/love letter to their favorite place on earth. These ladies are graciously babysitting my blog while I'm eating macaroons and taking postcard-worthy pictures of the Eiffel Tower + Big Ben. Thank you for reading and I'll see you when we get back! 
xo -- Amanda




hi lovies! it's micaela from dolce vita so happy to keep you company while amanda and chad are off on their exciting european holiday. thank-you for letting me share my 'love letter' with you. xo

Dear D.C.,

i was excited to finally meet you. As our Nation's Capitol, you did not disappoint. I think what made you even more magical was we met on mine and my husband's first road trip together. Of course at the time he was just my boyfriend (it was during the 20+ hour road trip from Texas to Virginia where i also met his parents). We took a detour to see you and meet up with one of my childhood friends who was working at the Washington Post.


I remember me and Max sitting at the bar of Busboys & Poets, dreaming of living in a city like yours. There was a thrill about our future together. We stayed out til the early hours, laughing with people we just met (a late night that included a stop to the famous Ben's Chili Bowl).


And the next day walked around seeing all the must-see's of the district. We only had time to visit one Smithsonian and Max knew instantly what my choice would be. i will never forget seeing my first Van Gogh and how patiently he waited while i stood in awe.


D.C., my husband will tell you that it was on this trip in the summer of 2009 that he knew he was going to marry me. The nearly 3,500 miles of interstates and small towns in a car was filled with our laughter, conversation (or even comfortable silence), our signing, and dreaming of our future together. 

i thoroughly enjoyed the lights and glamour of NYC. i found my heaven on the beaches of italy. i ate to my hearts content and stood in awe at the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.

but when i think of writing a love letter to a place... D.C. you are it. It's where my love story truly started.

no other place will hold my heart with special thanksgiving than your streets.

with love and affection,

Micaela 

4 comments:

JSchaller said...

Oh, this is so sweet! I love your letter to DC!

Jamie said...

Oh, I love DC! Such a fun place.

Kelly said...

I love this! Granted, I live in DC, so I love any kid of DC shout out. But I also love that it's not your classic place to fall in love...and you did it anyways :)

Micaela said...

awww, THANK YOU SO MUCH for having me!!!! i had so much fun writing this love letter and being part of your BEAUTIFUL blog!!! <3 i can't wait to catch up on everyone else's and of course, can't wait to hear about your trip!!! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails