8.12.2010

numero dos.

Favorite movies set in New York

Personally, I have never been to New York. Never toured the Empire State Building, seen tourists in Times Square, or gotten a New York hotdog. But, every time I see any of these movies, they remind of why I want to go. From the 50's Rear Window to the 00's Julie and Julia--I'm always pleasantly surprised that with these movies, New York always invites me in and lets me stay a while.

New York in the past:
Rear Window
Guys and Dolls {read my love for musicals here.}
An Affair to Remember
Breakfast at Tiffany's

New York in the not-so-distant past:
Trading Places
Big
When Harry Met Sally {read my thoughts about the movie here}
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York {a Christmastime staple in A and C's house}
Sleepless in Seattle
Sabrina

New York in the recent:
You've Got Mail
For the Love of the Game
The Family Man
Two Weeks Notice
Elf {another Christmas must-see for us}

New York in the even-more recent:
13 Going on 30
The Devil Wears Prada
Enchanted
I Am Legend
Julie and Julia

What New York movie do you like? Any NY movies that I haven't seen? {I'd love to check out new flicks...}

P.S. Read list 1 here.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Girl, you need to get to NYC and fast! It is such an experience, unlike anything you've ever seen. I LOVE NYC! So beautiful and so much to see and do!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails