7.16.2010

once again.

1. Do you collect anything?
Hmm...I don't know if I collect anything. Obviously, if I don't know, then I probably don't. I know of things that I'd like to start a collection of--Fiestaware in my cupboards, ballet flats in my closet, and headbands on my dresser. There are other intangible things that I collect--travel plans to overseas destinations {like Bethany's upcoming adventure}, future children's names, the floorplan and decor ideas for my dream home, and the constant reel of ideas swirling around in my brain.

2. Name 3 celebrities that you find good looking.
Only 3?! Why would you do that? Making me pick through all my crushes is a hard task to do, but I'll suffer through and browse Google Images {someone has to step up to the task of oogling men} to find 3 pictures of my movie star crushes:

Current favorites: Hugh Jackman. Jake Gyllenhaal. Alexander Skarsgard.

3. Do you have scars? If so, what's the story behind it (them)?
Of course I have scars. It's a fact of life. My scars range from little circle scars above my eyebrow courtesy of the chicken pox when I was a baby, to the cresent moon shaped one on my bicep that I got last year. One scar stands out in particular. Allow me to narrate the story of my first memory:

I was about five years old still learning how the bike pedals worked. All I remember are certain details: It was Saturday (popcorn +movie night at my house) and close to nighttime (the sun was setting).  I was wobbly riding down the sidewalk and I fell and scraped my knee. I remember my mom {or brother} carrying me into the house because my left knee was starting to bleed. To me, it was bleeding profusely. One boo-boo kiss and band-aid later, I thought it was gone. It remains on my knee and will for the rest of my life. 

4. What is a food that you like to eat but other might think is gross or weird?
Weird food...hmm. I like having applesauce + saltine crackers when I'm sick. My dad has carried the tradition of applesauce + turkey for Thanksgiving dinner which some might think is odd. Chad finds my milk craving a little odd as well--he didn't realize he married a baby calf until it was too late. Now we go through a 1/2 gallon in a little under a week.  I can't help it; it's my weakness. 

5. Have you ever seen a tornado in real life?
The closest I've ever been to a tornado is when I was 10 or so, 12 miles away from my hometown, a tornado hit a neighboring town. Right through Main St. The town is super small, so it took a little while for them to recover. Midwest summers are always sprinkled with tornado watches and trips down to the basement armed with the radio.

P.S. Weekend Plans include: birthday. wedding. and this movie.

play along.

5 comments:

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ah, Jake Gyllenhaal. Love. Him.

Happy, Happy Weekend!! :)

Hannah said...

yes, yes, yes. those are all fabulously good-looking guys.:)

i heard that movie was great! i hope you love it.

Meghan said...

Love those hot men!

I totally collect future baby names too. And I get really mad when people use them:( Sigh.

Unknown said...

Amanda...Don't feel bad about the milk! BTW, I go through a gallon a week. And it's just me. :)

hanevehul said...

Mmmmm, Alexander Skarsgard.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails