12.29.2009

twenty-ten.



I've spent last night and today thinking about 2010. What I want to accomplish in the new year and what I want to happen in my life. How I can make 2010 a better year than 2009. I can only think of one resolution I want to complete: my book list. Since I complied the list back in May, I've read only 5 of the books. This year, if it kills me, I'm going to cross off every book on that list.

That's it. That's all I'm going to tie myself to. Simplicity. Yes, I could make resolutions about being a good cook, getting all A's in school, moving into my house with Chad...but I'm not going to.

I do have many hopes and dreams for 2010. Many things in my life are going to change due to all the events I have to look forward to. I will get married in May. I will graduate from college. I will become a wife and learn how to care for my own house and for my husband. I will enhance my blog.  I will continue to stay in touch with old {and new} friends. I will learn more about photography and I will document all the new experiences in my life. I will take care of my body and I will center my life and my marriage around God's Word. I will do my best as a wife, sister, child, student, teacher, Christian.

P.S. Check out this video of 'Sex and the City: The Movie' scene of  the New Year's Eve classic Auld Lang Syne.  {Note: The people do not speak English in this clip, but the song is wonderful.}


3 comments:

angela hardison said...

that clock is awesome. i love new years and fresh starts... last year my main goals were: organize & simplify. i didn't do a very good job, so maybe i'll try again :)

Vanessa said...

Awesome goal. I haven't figured mine out yet. I can't believe it is starting a whole new decade. Crazy.

LOVE SATC!! Can't wait for the next movie to come out in May!

bethany said...

Your goals are fabulous...realistic and reasonable, exactly how they should be :)

I can never get enough of this version of Auld Lang Syne...so romantic and dreamy!

Happy New Year, dear Amanda! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails