5.19.2009

project '09 (and possibly '10)

"There's a world that we know nothing about, that we can only imagine. And that is the world of books" --Jack Handeey

A couple weeks ago, I got the idea that I would read books that had been turned into movies. I think it all started when I started reading the Twilight books and then watched the movie. I discovered that they took out parts of the book. I have a lot of down time at work which I'm thankful for and feel that I could tackle this list of books that have been turned into movies this summer. It's a very widespread list covering romantic books to comedic books to dramatic books. The bold-faced are the ones I'm currently reading. Take a look:

*To Kill a Mockingbird by: Harper Lee
*Out of Africa by: Karen Blixen
*The Princess Bride by: Willian Goldmen
*The Father of The Bride by: Edward Streeter
*Pride and Prejudice by: Jane Austen
*The Secret Garden by: Frances Hodgson Burnett
*Little Women by: Louisa May Alcott
*Sex and the City by: Candice Bushnell
*For the Love of the Game by: Michael Shaara
*Chocolat by: Joanne Harris
*High Fidelity by: Nick Hornby
*Bridget Jones' Diary by: Helen Fielding
*A Beautiful Mind by: Sylvia Nasar
*Big Fish: A Novel of Mythic Proportions by: Daniel Wallace
*Cheaper by the Dozen by: Frank Gilbreth Jr.
*Under the Tuscan Sun by: Frances Mayes
*Memoirs of a Geisha by: Arthur Golden
*Marley and Me by: John Grogan
*Miss Pettigrew Lives For A Day by: Winifred Watson
*Julie and Julia by: Julie Powell
*In Her Shoes by: Jennifer Weiner
*P.S. I Love You by: Cecelia Ahren
*Angels and Demons by: Dan Brown

What are your must-reads?

6 comments:

{eleise} said...

Try 'My Sister's Keeper"...very good!

caroline duke said...

what a neat idea. some of those are my favorite movies!

bethany said...

It looks like you have a lot of page turning ahead of you! :)

Jules said...

hi there! thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog post yesterday :) glad to have discovered yours!

Dana said...

I strongly recommend "Girl with a Pearl Earring". It's an easy read and a short book, but the plot and story line is amazing!

I have both the movie and book, if you would ever like to borrow them.

{eleise} said...

You will have to let me know if you read any good ones off this list...like Twilight...I'm not sure if it's actually a good book or if I'm ready to be sucked into the Twilight craze! =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails