4.21.2009

Simple Weekend: Laughs and Tears

{I've actually had this post ready for a couple days, but I was sick from Tuesday to just getting over it now and I didn't really want to post on the blog let alone raise my head from my pillow. Please forgive.}
This past weekend was full. I don't have many pictures, but I do have some words-

Friday:
*Work.
*Went to a comedy show with Chad's family. (It was so funny! Two people were featured both from the Cities. The woman kept saying "yeah" a lot in her routine which got annoying, but the guy was so hilarious. We all found him very amusing.)

Saturday:
*Went to Chad's aunt's old house to clean the yard up in order to sell the house. It was very tiring but there's something about seeing the immediate results of working that is very rewarding. She is the aunt who passed away in February and all her possessions are going to be donated to Hope Gospel Mission. She had a lot of old records and games that the family is graciously letting me try to sell on Ebay. They are also allowing me to keep some things in order to build up my classroom materials. They are so willing to help out that I almost feel embarrassed to take the things.
*After the raking at Carol's, we were so tired that we spent part of the day snuggled up reading. We watched some of the Brewers' game and then went over to my house.
*We ended up spending the rest of the evening playing Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture. Has anyone else played this game? It's so much fun! The only bad thing is that we only have five people now so the teams are uneven. It took us three hours to finish this game, and mainly it was at the end when teams try to get the final questions. That probably took an hour by itself. We love playing games like that as a family-does anyone have any suggestions to different ones we can try?

Sunday:
*The day started out as usual-church, lunch, work out.
*We had the best night we've had in a long time. Hannah, Chad and I went to see one of the local high school jazz ensemble's play with Justin Vernon of Bon Iver. I know I've already mentioned that I'm completely infatuated with his voice, and tonight was no different. The great thing about the concert was that not only did Justin sing to my soul, the band was so talented that I almost forgot that they were in high school. I absolutely loved everything about the evening and can't stop raving about it. I'm kicking myself for not taking my camera with especially since we were in the third row! Thankfully, Chad found this link that featured the pictures below:









Then in no way compare to the actual sights that we got to see, but they do paint a pretty picture. I loved 'The Lady is a Tramp' and 'Bewitched, Bothered, Bewildered' because he didn't sing them with the Bon Iver falsetto voice; it was just his normal amazing voice. When he sang "A Satisfied Mind" I cried. It was the purest, sweetest performance I've ever heard. He had everyone transfixed on his words and voice that I didn't hear anyone speak that whole time. I'm so mesmerized with Justin's voice, essence, spirit that this whole week I've just been on a concert high. I'm so blessed that I've been able to go to two of his concerts. So, Justin, if you're ever reading this I want you to understand that every time your voice fills my ears I am so moved by you and what you say to me. Your voice is simply pure and glorious-please don't ever change. Thank you for making your sweet music accessible to all who can hear. I love everything you've ever sung Justin-and I'll probably love all your future songs as well.

For more Justin/Bon Iver goodness, go: here, here, here, here, here. Immediately. Seriously-what are you waiting for?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails