It is officially the 12th of June. Wowza. Doesn't it always seem like the first half of the year flies by?
01. Eating more produce. Above is the black bean + mango tostadas that Chad and I have made several times (recipe here) and we somehow seem to eat more veggies/fruit and less meat in the summer. Are you like that too? Why is that? Is it just because I don't want to turn on my stove or is it because fresh food tastes soooo much better in the summer? I'm not complaining though--I kinda like looking down and seeing my grocery cart filled with those clear produce bags.
02. Ending my run at the hotel front desk last night. Celebrating with a Summer Shandy.
03. Starting the new job tomorrow morning. Let the butterflies start their fluttering dance in my stomach...
04. Finding lesson plan material for said job. See, that's why I like what I do. In addition to browsing pinterest for more dreamy house inspiration, I get to find crafts for father's day.
05. Chad smoked ribs yesterday. He said they were heavenly. And he took pictures. Instead of getting to eat with him, I munched on a turkey sandwich. :)
06. Bethany is engaged! I can't talk about her kindness and friendliness enough -- she is one of the best ladies I have ever had the privilege of calling my friend. Am so delighted that she is getting married to her love! YAY!
07. Having my faith restored in the X Men franchise -- which was depleted after the 3rd flick. Bonus: Yum x 2 (McAvoy + Fasssbender).
08. Chad in his new "Europe" jeans. They make his butt extra yummy. Ladies, get your fellas some 1969 straight leg jeans from the Gap. Stat.
09. Mavs v. Heat. I don't know why I'm so into the NBA finals right now, but I have watched all these games. Maybe because Micaela is so passionate, she's rubbin' off on me.
10. Making decorations for the 30th party (one of my favorite things to do). Have I still not shown you the plan? Will do that this week...promise.
11. The Business of Being Born. Wow. This documentary completely opened up a new way of thinking about child birth for me.
12. New music to be excited over. Thursday, I listened to Bon Iver's new album streaming and sent Chad a text: "Justin's new album is streaming -- you want in?" (Since I live in Justin's town, I guess I feel like we are on a first name basis...even though we've never met). Do yourself a favor and listen here if you wish.
**play along with Amy + Miranda.