3.31.2011

april's list.

photo credit: martha stewart. pin #: 8317497.

I always think the previous month is going to be the busiest month around here. And then the calendar gets turned to the new month, and I'm mistaken. So far in twenty-eleven, April is the busiest month. I bring to you...April by the numbers:

Five birthdays in my immediate family. 5 out of the 10. Yeah, we are spring babies around here. March used to be our birthday month, but now with the addition of in-laws and nephews + nieces, the torch is passed to April. The people blowing out candles this month include: Chad (tomorrow!), my sister Laura's soon-to-be-born baby girl, my brother Kyle, my brother-in-law Eli, and my nephew UJ (he and Eli--the dad, share the same birthday...isn't that cool?!).

Two weddings. One I'm invited to...one I'm not. The one I'm not invited to is pretty exclusive (not to mention far away). It doesn't bother me that they didn't think to include me on the guest list, I am still planning on celebrating their wedding with my sisters and mom. We are going to record the wedding at Laura's, I'll bring the English tea + sandwiches, and we'll all sit on the couch and watch some royalty (just like my mom did for Diana + Charles' wedding). We do have to find something for the men to do...
The one I am invited to involves a crafty gift I plan on making/sharing with you when it's done. Stay tuned.

One garden planning session. And by garden, I mean herbs only. We can't dig into the ground (renters unite!) but we can find cute terra-cotta planters (a la Martha). We've never exercised our green thumbs, so hopefully we produce something this season.

One Easter. With Easter approaching, I'm thinking of making spring-related crafts...of course. Am also thinking of spring cleaning, spring mixes, spring vegetables, spring flats and cardigans, and spring meals.

Lovely April: I welcome your rain showers, your spring flowers, and your sunny days. 

10 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Sounds like lots of fun things coming up! We have NO April birthdays here, just my parents' wedding anniversary.

Kimberlee said...

I'm an April birthday too. Great month for a birthday. Welcome April.

christa said...

My boyfriend, his sister, my best friend, another friend, and a cousin all have birthdays in April! Busy month.

I'd love to plant herbs this year, but I really want mini-pot to line up on a kitchen windowsill... and I don't have a kitchen windowsill. One day!

Jamie said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one making plans for a certain April Wedding. My sister and I were just little when Charles and Diana got married, but we were staying with my aunt who got us up so we could all watch together.

Since we are living together again now, we're planning a tea party for my niece so we can all watch together again.

Sam W. said...

wow, your april is packed! loving that picture.

Anonymous said...

Another April birthday here, Though September is my busiest month (plenty of time to prepare). You have a wonderful blog!

Kelly said...

Those herbs are awesome - I can't wait to plant some once this weather starts cooperating!

I didn't get an invite either!

Emily Mae said...

Love the herb planter idea! So cute! I just might have to copy your idea!!

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I love this post, Amanda! April is a happy month for me. I love Easter and I always get excited about my birthday! As you know, I wasn't invited to that wedding you mentioned either, but I am so going to celebrate it! Can't wait to share our stories and photos of the fun {and to see the bride's dress!}

Here's to April showers, weddings, gardens, Easter baskets and all the lovely things that this month brings!

LizzieBeth said...

I totally feel you on the crazy schedule! We've got baby showers, wedding showers, birthday parties, camping trips and.. oh yeah.. MOVING, haha.

I love April though. I think it's one of the cheerist months :)

LB

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails