2.10.2011

c + a in love.


The very first time I held this cd in my hands, I was seventeen and next to a boy who made my heart flutter. We were celebrating our first Valentine's Day together and I had just given him my gift of cupcakes (with sprinkles) and a stuffed black puppy (which currently sits atop our bookcase). He sweetly got me a card and wrote in his boyish handwriting about how he was happy we're together and even wrote "I love you". And moments later, he leaned in, held my face to his so that our foreheads were touching, and whispered that same phrase (that he now repeats daily).

These songs evolved from new singles for me to listen to in my bright blue cd player to songs that have a rotation in our meal-making play list. We even had some of them in our wedding. These, along with the other four mixes he made me, with be played when we make/eat our Valentine's Day meal on Monday.

If you'd like, here are fourteen songs for your listening pleasure that mean something to the two of us:

4 comments:

Johanna said...

awwww! that is such a sweet story. is your husband your first and only love? how sweet!

Jamie said...

So sweet! I love mixes like this - full of love, memories and emotion

Jenna Lou said...

That is such a sweet gift. This made me remember our wedding playlist that is saved on my itunes. I can't wait to play it for my Valentine!

Meghan said...

I love Coldplay and John Legend! This is an awesome playlist!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails