1.06.2011

it's january 6th...do you have your calendar yet?

01. / 02. / 03. / 04. / 05. / 06. / 07. / 08. / 09.

(Excuse my attempt to be witty.) :)

If you're like me, you probably already have a 2011 calendar (well...you saw that now I have mine. But if for some reason you don't, I've complied 9 neat ones I'd like to see on my wall.

One of my favorite things to do in the first week of a new year is to write down all the things that I know are going to happen in the year in those neat little squares. For twenty-eleven, I already wrote down special events like--my nephew's birthday, my parent's (and my in-laws) 30th wedding anniversary, my first wedding anniversary, a dear friend's wedding, and mundane January happenings like dental appointments, bill due dates, and my work schedule. Nothing special...but to me it's my life. It's a way to see what is lying ahead for me.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

I wish I was as organized as you. I haven't even taken mine out of the plastic yet.

Meri said...

I love calendars and planners- The prettier the better! The first thing I always add is birthdays, then other stuff!

shopgirl said...

These are great Calendar ideas! I love the first one that I'm off to Etsy to have a better look.

Cheers and thanks for sharing!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Rambles with Reese

Anonymous said...

Cute blog! I just found you through Allison's blog...she featured our Happy Lately Lists together :) I'm looking forward to reading more! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Allison said...

Hey girl, I sent you an email, but I just wanted you to know that I posted your Happy Lately List today! I love it so much and know my readers will too! Have a great Friday, and if you get a chance, post the link so your readers can see it too!

http://smartandsassywithsprinkles.blogspot.com/

Happy Friday!

Cassie said...

I love setting an evening aside in that time between Christmas and New Years to write all the dates etc for the upcoming year in my new calendars and diaries. All armed with a lovely glass of wine and favourite pen of course! You picked some real beauties here.
xx

LizzieBeth said...

In our house we have a calendar from Staples that goes from June to June. We had the same one last year too. I don't know why I picked it up to begin with, but by the time it runs out, I don't want to purchase a calendar for only six months, so I just buy the next one.

It's a vicious cycle, I tell ya.

So yes, I have my 2011 calendar-- but only six months' worth.

LB

Oh, My Darling said...

I totally wait until mid-February to get a calendar -- they get super cheap!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails