2.03.2010

peek into my childhood.

In early January, along with a day trip to Laura's, we also went to see my grandparents. They have lived in the same house since before I was born and it's one of the most familiar places in my world. No, I don't know where the roaster is put after washed, but I do know where to find the chocolate-chip cookies {the most important knowledge when at grandma's, right?}

During our visit, I kept poking around, looking at what my grandma had collected during the last 60+ years of her marriage. I found four different colored Fiesta dinner plates, that inspired my love for them {more about that in a different post, but I'll just say that our Younkers registry is 95.5% Fiesta dinnerware.} I looked through all the old toys that are kept in the basement--which, when we were younger, was the grandkids hangout. I felt a wave of nostalgia when I took these pictures because I thought of five-year-old me playing with all my cousins, after dinner and after opening Christmas presents.

Here's a sampling of the treasures my grandparents have stored in their basement:
I look forward to building up my stock of toys for my future children and grandchildren to play with.

3 comments:

Laura said...

oh, such memories.

you do remember that that's not the original barbie game, right? the original one had pencil scribbles all over the gentlemen. I think they put facial hair on Pointdexter or something like that.

Johanna said...

I especially love that they still have the crayons in the same old box. What a lovely thing to discover.

Oh, My Darling said...

Oh man, I used to love Golden Books, especially ones with princess stories!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails