12.21.2011

crunch time.

There are 4 more days until Christmas -- are you guys feeling it yet? Are you still wrapping that gift for your nephew or are all those gifts neatly and orderly in laundry baskets waiting by the door for when you go to the grandparents' house?  Have you sent out those Christmas cards to your loved ones or are some of them all of them sitting in your backpack because you haven't bought stamps yet?

Okay, so I'm the guilty party. I haven't wrapped any of my gifts and I haven't sent out any Christmas cards...I know. I'm chalking this Christmas prep fail up to school work and finals and how they owned my soul for the entire month of December.

But, even though it appears like I have forever failed Christmas, it sure hasn't failed me. I have done all the Christmasy things -- sampled my mother-in-law's vast cookie collection, watched the quintessential holiday movies for me (Elf, White Christmas, Miracle on 34th Street, Love Actually), and we've read through the Christmas story. And, even though some of our Christmas decorations are still in boxes and most likely won't be making an appearance this year, we still are in love with Christmas.

One of my favorite things to look at this year is our Christmas card tree. I have cards from friends and family arranged on the door right next to my television so that I can glance over and look at all the Christmas greetings that we've gotten. My favorite Christmas decoration by far! _______________________________________________

Meghan, from The Perfect Compilation Tape was in need of some blog posts last week, so I thought I would lend a hand and did a guest post for her. Read about my thoughts of Christmas music and enter to win a Christmas music cd: here.

3 comments:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I still have SO MUCH wrapping to do! But I did manage to send out most of my cards and all the parcels are on their way!

I love your "Christmas card tree"! What a great way to display all the cards you've received. Genius! I'm totally doing that next year. Right now mine are all strung up across the wall of the dining room. Pretty, but not so awesome as that tree of yours...

Okay, I should probably get back to that wrapping paper and stack of gifts, huh?

Johanna said...

Merry Christmas Amanda! I'm a bit shocked/in disbelief that Christmas is so soon. I still have a few gifts to buy and wrap. Food to buy and make ect ....eek!

LizzieBeth said...

Pssst, you need to check out Holiday Inn-- even better then White Christmas!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!!
LB

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails