7.29.2011

a traveler's love letter... // sarah from fairy tales are true

 

While Chad and I are away wandering the streets of Brussels, London, Paris and beyond, I gathered some of my favorite bloggers and asked them to write a guest post/love letter to their favorite place on earth. These ladies are graciously babysitting my blog while I'm eating macaroons and taking postcard-worthy pictures of the Eiffel Tower + Big Ben. Thank you for reading and I'll see you when we get back! 

xo -- Amanda


Dear Venice,

I hope you're well and not feeling so droopy these days. I love, miss, and hope to see you soon. This was not always the case though. Upon our first meeting I was terrified you. My family boarded a water taxi and we cruised through your canals but all I could focus on were your dilapidated buildings and the rats that occupied them. I admit I missed the shimmer of your sea, the entire whimsy of a city built on water... at first. forgive me, I was young. I hadn't yet developed my love for all things old just yet. I remember trying to find our hotel. I was shaking in my sam and libby flats. Each hotel looked scarier than the next. Dirty, old, smelly. But thankfully we found ours and it was pretty, shiny, new-ish even. You must have known I wasn't quite ready for a hotel with lots of character quite yet. Then much to my surprise the next few days were some of the best. We wandered your streets, bought murano glass, rode in a gondola, and ate at every turn.

In 2010 I revisited you. Gosh, I am sorry for the length of time in between visits. Life really got in the way. But to make it up to you, I brought my husband (yes, I'm married!) who had never seen your splendor before. We had the best time getting lost. Your streets are truly magical, your canals sparkle, your food is mouthwatering.

Thanks Venice! You've shown us some very good times. Enclosed are some pictures of our trip (:

Love,
Sarah

fairy tales are true

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Wow, Venice looks truly amazing and beautiful! I can't wait to go there one day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails