1.26.2011


I think Edith really got it right when she said this.

This quote has resonnated with me ever since I saw it in an old issue of Oprah one weekend. I read it and  thought to myself "Yes to all of the above". For me, the past couple of weeks really have been all about home. Coming home from a long and tiring day of school and work and knowing that my babes (that's what I call Chad and Karma) are there waiting for me when I walk through the door, snuggled on the couch with a spot for me.

So for now, that's where you'll find me--at home (not right now of course since I'm writing this from work), with a pot of chili/stew/soup (we are obsessed) on the stove, homework in my lap, and husband by my side. 

If only we had a fireplace...

6 comments:

Liz said...

Amen to this! I love winter for all of those reasons. It is so nice to just snuggle up on the couch with a great book or a new crochet project.

P.S. I love your blog :)

Jamie said...

Brilliant quote - and so true for many of us.

Meri said...

Seriously!
It's also the time for crafts and for tea!

Katie {My Paisley Apron} said...

Pretty quote! (And on the fireplace, I'd qualify... a fake fireplace. Who wants to clean up ashes and whatnot from a real one? :) )

Cassie said...

This is totally right isn't it - especially in the winter, nothing beats home!

My fireplace is messy and wood bits burn the carpet - looks pretty though!
xx

katrina lauren said...

i love this quote. home. a place that i've been feeling very thankful for these days....my safe place...home is good.
xo.
k

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails