10.09.2010

hits from 2006.


I was a senior in high school in 2006. Now, 2006 probably doesn't seem like a long time ago, but if you think about the music we were listening to five years ago, then I think you'll be quite surprised at some of the songs that were popular that year.

If I made a mixed cd of all the popular songs at my high school when I was a senior.

{I got these songs from Billboard Year-End Hot 100 chart. They are listed in order of popularity. check it out.}

For a random sampling of 29 of the most popular songs in 2006: listen here.

In case you're wondering:

01. Bad Day:Daniel Powter
02. You're Beautiful:James Blunt
03. Hips Don't Lie: Shakira Featuring Wyclef Jean
04. Unwritten: Natasha Bedingfield
05. Crazy: Gnarls Barkley
06. SexyBack: Justin Timberlake
07. Check On It: Beyonce Featuring Slim Thug
08. Buttons: The Pussycat Dolls Featuring Snoop Dogg
09. SOS: Rihanna
10. Move Along: The All-American Rejects
11. London Bridge: Fergie
12. Dani California: Red Hot Chili Peppers
13. What Hurts the Most: Rascal Flatts
14. Chasing Cars: Snow Patrol
15. Ain't No Other Man: Christina Aguilera
16. Dance, Dance: Fall Out Boy
17. Gold Digger: Kanye West Featuring Jamie Foxx
18. Because of You: Kelly Clarkson
19. My Humps: The Black Eyed Peas
20. What's Left of Me: Nick Lachey
21. Black Horse and the Cherry Tree: KT Tunstall
22. My Love: Justin Timberlake Featuring T.I.
23. Too Little Too Late: JoJo
24. Deja Vu: Beyonce Featuring Jay-Z
25. Jesus, Take the Wheel: Carrie Underwood
26. You and Me: Lifehouse
27. Waiting On the World to Change: John Mayer
28. Stupid Girls: Pink
29. Feel Good Inc: Gorillaz

I think the next playlist I'll do will be from Chad's graduation year. Wouldn't it be fun to hear what was popular in 2001?!

P.S. Want to go back in time to your senior year--feel free to do a post! It would be so fun to see all the different songs that were popular when each of us graduated. If you do a post, let me know in the comments!

7 comments:

Anneliese said...

2006 was my second year of college. a lot of blaring music in the dorms, cars, etc. i forgot about all my old favorites!

Meghan said...

What an awesome idea! I totally remember all of these songs from my students - gosh, I am OLD!

Melanie's Randomness said...

I've forgotten about soo many of these songs!! wow!! I LOVED hips don't lie, snow patrol, you and me, feel good inc., & Pink! Ooo thanks for this post!!

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

i still listen to most of these songs. ha! i graduated 2005! :)

oh and just wanted to let you know that you won the giveaway on my blog. :)
-kel

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

I totally need to do this, it's been 8 years since I graduated. It would be interesting to see what was popular back then.


P.S. I'm doing a blog get together for MN and WI bloggers and posting about it tomorrow. Please feel free to stop by and check out the info!

Oh, My Darling said...

Ah, what a fun idea! Justin Timberlake nostalgia!!

hanevehul said...

What's left of me? That song...was pretty bad

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails