1.07.2010

our next voyage.


Has it really been that long since I last posted?! Three days might not seem like a long time, but after seeing everyone's New Year's resolution posts {which I loved reading, by the way} I feel like it's been ages since I last shared something with you.

I'm actually not at my house right now--instead I'm tucked away at my grandparent's house in MN until tomorrow morning. With this mini-vacation that I've been treated to, comes some unruly weather. In this part of Minnesota, the snow has been blowing and the wind has made the house creak as it passes through. It's just been a typical January here in the Midwest.

So why do I have pictures of a giant inflatable slide and a resort on this post?

Because at the end of February, Chad's family and I are taking a trip to St. Pete's Beach, FL for five days.  We're considering it a pre-honeymoon {albeit, with family} and a way to beat those dreaded mid-winter blues.

Now, you might think that this is a post all about how I'm going to be in Florida for five days and you're not...but I do have a genuine question:

Yay or Nay: Tanning Booths?

I've never been inside a tanning booth {or as Chad affectionately calls it-a "cancer coffin"} but I don't know of another quick way to darken my pale, pale Wisconsin skin...keep in mind, we only see the sun three months a year.

What do you guys do...lotion, booth, sprays? Do tell!

Up next for the Countdown to Sunshine: finding a new bathing suit {in the middle of winter}

P.S. Those pictures were copied from the resort we are staying at...we're insanely excited to go on the slide.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Two words: spray tan.

After my tanning booth binge in the winter of '04 (the year I went on the cruise), I said I would never go in a tanning bed again. Got a spray tan for the wedding and loved it. :)

Vanessa said...

I am jealous of your soon to be trip! I tan the month or 2 leading up to summer or a vaca. I know it is not the healthiest but I'd rather do that than burn and be miserable or get sun poisoning.

Don't worry about finding a bathing suit. They have already started to put them out in stores like Target around here. Crazy.

Katie {My Paisley Apron} said...

At the risk of sounding like your mother - sunscreen. :)

What a great trip it looks like you're planning!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails