8.24.2009

meditate

As you not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things. Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let your hands not be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well. - Ecclesiastes 11:5-6

I've been thinking about this section of the Bible for a while. Here are my thoughts:

Lord please help me remember that You are so great and mighty and I can't even begin to understand what You do. My heart tries so hard to understand Your power and bring You down to human reasoning and thinking. I don't know what You have planned for my future and all I can ask is for Your grace and love which I know through the Holy Spirit You pour on me abundantly. Please help me to not get caught up in my own imagination and instead simply "sow my seed in the morning" and in the evening to not "let [my] hands be idle". Please remind me that I was created to serve You and to show Your love through my actions every day. I am a miserable, sinful creature and You alone saved me-I need help remembering that every day, Lord. I need You, especially since I "do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb".

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails