7.24.2009

it will be nice.

Today I was reading over this post and I really liked what Kelly had to say about her and her husband's relationship and how it's changed over the years that they've been together. She referenced The Beach Boys' song "Wouldn't It Be Nice" and that song has always had a special spot in my heart when I think about how Chad and I will have our married life. We don't live together right now, so it's never a good feeling when he has to drive me to my house at the end of the night. We always say to each other "It'll be so nice at the end of the night when we're done watching a movie or something when we can just turn off the TV, brush our teeth and just go to bed." That will be our future soon. I think that is one of the things about being married that I look forward to the most. Just being together and not having to worry about when I should be home in order to get a good night's sleep for work the next day. There are so many other little things that I'm looking forward to after we get married-just simple things that will make our relationship and lives together even greater than they are now. I love you.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older?
Then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together
In the kind of world where we belong
You know its gonna make it that much better
When we can say goodnight and stay together

Wouldn't it be nice if we could wake up
In the morning when the day is new
And after having spent the day together
Hold each other close the whole night through
The happy times together we've been spending
I wish that every kiss was never ending...

Wouldn't it be nice?

Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray...it might come true
Baby, then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do...

We could be married and then we'd be happy,

Wouldn't it be nice?

You know it seems the more we talk about it
It only makes it worse to live without it
But let's talk about it...
Wouldn't it be nice?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails