3.09.2009

Dear Nephew-Your Stuff

Today, your Grandma Hulke and I went to Target to buy things for the shower that I'm throwing for your mommy. Let me tell you, I don't really like shopping; especially when I don't get to take anything home with me. I know that sounds selfish...it is. I was driving in the car with your grandma and I said "Mom, I'm going to be cranky today. It's going to be a long day and it's going to be hard to find everything Laura wants on her registry. I'm going to be annoyed with all the money I have to spend." We get to the store and I spent about an hour and a half surrounded by aisles I19-I27 looking at baby stuff. There were things that your mom had on her registry that weren't stocked in the store and that made me angry. I got out of the store and I was frustrated with how much I had spent.

Then your grandma and I decided to go to the mall so that I could get you an outfit from Old Navy since I still had some money left on a gift card. I go in and I was frustrated with the people since they had rearranged the store and I didn't know where to find the baby section. I then saw what I needed and immediately my attitude changed.

See, little one, I had gone into this day thinking about myself and how it was a waste of money and time for me. I should have been thinking about you. The baby section at the store made me grin and think about you-not just the stuff I was giving you. You are going to be wearing the onesies I got for you from Old Navy (pictured below). Your little sweet chubby body will actually going to be in these clothes that are sitting in my bedroom right now. All the things that your grandma and I picked out for you today-those will all be yours. I can't believe how selfish I was today, I didn't think about you and how in a little over a month I'll be seeing you and holding you. I was going through racks of clothes at Old Navy and I spotted these adorable swim trucks and I thought about how you could wear them when your daddy takes you fishing. I thought about how you and your mommy and daddy will go out on daddy's boat and it'll be your little family together. I thought about how mom will put sunscreen on your nose and cheeks and dad will talk to you about fishing (you'll probably be sleeping though, since you'll only be a couple months old).

So, little guy, I'm sorry. I didn't remember that I was giving this all to you when I was shopping (it took me a little while). I was in party planning mode. I know your mom is reading this right now and I don't want to give away the gifts I got you (I got you some really fun things nephew). You'll just have to wait until you're big and here...

I love you sweet one,
Aunt Amanda


(You'll look very handsome in this.)

1 comment:

Laura said...

:-( Sorry to hear you were frustrated. It was really hard for me to come up with a decent registry at Target because they have so little variety. Babies 'R Us is a lot better, but I know you guys don't have one around you.

Can't wait to see you this weekend. I'm huge! You'll freak!

PS - That onesie is adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails